RxExercise: Medical Professionals
Oncologists and medical professionals are THE MOST IMPORTANT PEOPLE in the process for helping people that with cancer to get the exercise they need.
Why? Simple: your patients look to you for guidance and information about what’s going on with their bodies. Many patients are fearful about making ANY kind of change in their lives that might have an impact on their physical condition and cancer treatment. Additionally, more often, patients are too tired or stressed out to even think about exercising.
In other words, many patients feel they need to have permission to exercise, which is a well-founded belief. You should always first clear your patient medically before starting any exercise program. YOU are in the best position to give them permission to AVOID INACTIVITY.
So as a medical professional, there are several things that you can do that will really make a difference.
- Tell EVERY PATIENT that they need to get exercise. Please tell them to AVOID INACTIVITY.
- Please tell everyone on your staff to remind your patients to get exercise.
- Send your patients to our website: sunflowerwellness.org, specifically to our Exercise Counseling page and we will provide each of your patients with a one-hour exercise consultation.
- Please note our Education page the many benefits of exercise for cancer patients of all kinds and all ages. Also, please visit our growing Sunflower Wellness cancer-exercise research library.
- Go and get some exercise yourself. Seriously! You know how good it will make you feel!
Our Clinical and Exercise Program Partners
Sunflower Wellness is grateful to have the opportunity to collaborate and work with these fine clinical institutions, community organizations and fitness centers. We provide exercise counseling and classes through our clinical and exercise program partnerships in the San Francisco Bay Area. Learn more about our partner information on exercise counseling services and exercise classes.